The candidate should be a devoted Christian with a good understanding of the integration of faith into the curriculum and a real love for working with young people. This position focuses on assisting the lead teacher with – helping the children throughout the day in a respectful and kind manner, be a positive role model, the person is to support the lesson plans, help with maintaining and supervising the children to keep them safe at all times, keeping the class neat and clean, applicants must be dependable and handle yourself professionally at all times.
Kids on the Ridge Preschool Mission Statement
The purpose of the Preschool program is to provide a Christian setting for teaching experiences, teacher-directed activities, and free play. The child’s needs and abilities serve as the focus for the structure of the program. Through interaction with Christian adults and other children, physical skills will be strengthened, social behavior will be practiced, emotional balance will be sought, intellectual concepts will be formulated, and Christian values will be internalized.
We are a busy school with a lot of moving parts and something is always going on. Be prepared to stay busy and enjoy children that are excited to learn. The classroom can be a bit noisy, but it’s the students’ enthusiasm to learn and explore the many hands on learning materials offered throughout the school.
We love engaging with our kids, we often sit on the floor or in a student chair. We talk and listen to our students on their level so we can understand what their needs are and help them have fun while learning social skills and problem solving. Children at this age are explorers, are very active and continually moving. The teacher assistant is a key person in the classroom to provide Christian values, patience and over-view skills to assure the children have a positive and safe experience daily.
- Be committed to holiness and developing your personal walk with God in order to model and lead others in their faith.
- Disciple your children to know God and love Him. The active and strategic discipleship of your own children must be a higher priority than your discipleship of others.
- Perform as part of a high performance team with a positive can do attitude.
- Assist classroom teacher in supervision and management of a group of children.
- Interact with, initiate and encourage children in daily activities.
- Attend to the needs of individual children with sensitivity and care.
- Understand the varied and necessary developmental physical, mental and emotional needs of children from diverse backgrounds.
- Assist the teacher in planning learning activities.
- Help prepare the learning environment, set up activities, and prepare materials as asked by the lead teacher.
- General housekeeping tasks.
- Speaks fluent English.
- Attend all school functions and events to promote the school.
- Attend all required staff meetings and in-service training.
- Lift at least 40 lbs., have the agility to be on your feet throughout the day and be aware of obstacles on the floor (toys, learning materials and children). Kids on the Ridge Preschool will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
You’ll be a perfect fit if
- You enjoy working as part of a team.
- Are flexible about assigned duties.
- Have a passion for seeing children grow and learn.
- Have a love for children and a strong desire to make a difference every day.
- Have the ability to build relationships with families and coworkers.
- Create a dynamic environment where play and discovery go hand-in-hand.
- Have outstanding customer service skills.
Interested? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.