The candidate should be a devoted Christian with a good understanding of the integration of faith into the curriculum and a real love for working with young people. This position focuses on assisting the lead teacher with – helping the children throughout the day in a respectful and kind manner, be a positive role model, the person is to support the lesson plans, help with maintaining and supervising the children to keep them safe at all times, keeping the class neat and clean, applicants must be dependable and handle yourself professionally at all times.
Kids on the Ridge Preschool Mission Statement
The purpose of the Preschool program is to provide a Christian setting for teaching experiences, teacher-directed activities, and free play. The child’s needs and abilities serve as the focus for the structure of the program. Through interaction with Christian adults and other children, physical skills will be strengthened, social behavior will be practiced, emotional balance will be sought, intellectual concepts will be formulated, and Christian values will be internalized.
We are a busy school with a lot of moving parts and something is always going on. Be prepared to stay busy and enjoy children that are excited to learn. The classroom can be a bit noisy, but it’s the students’ enthusiasm to learn and explore the many hands on learning materials offered throughout the school.
We love engaging with our kids, we often sit on the floor or in a student chair. We talk and listen to our students on their level so we can understand what their needs are and help them have fun while learning social skills and problem solving. Children at this age are explorers, are very active and continually moving. The teacher assistant is a key person in the classroom to provide Christian values, patience and over-view skills to assure the children have a positive and safe experience daily.
- Be committed to holiness and developing your personal walk with God in order to model and lead others in their faith.
- Disciple your children to know God and love Him. The active and strategic discipleship of your own children must be a higher priority than your discipleship of others.
- Perform as part of a high performance team with a positive can do attitude.
- Assist classroom teacher in supervision and management of a group of children.
- Interact with, initiate and encourage children in daily activities.
- Attend to the needs of individual children with sensitivity and care.
- Understand the varied and necessary developmental physical, mental and emotional needs of children from diverse backgrounds.
- Assist the teacher in planning learning activities.
- Help prepare the learning environment, set up activities, and prepare materials as asked by the lead teacher.
- General housekeeping tasks.
- Speaks fluent English.
- Attend all school functions and events to promote the school.
- Attend all required staff meetings and in-service training.
- Lift at least 40 lbs., have the agility to be on your feet throughout the day and be aware of obstacles on the floor (toys, learning materials and children). Kids on the Ridge Preschool will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
You’ll be a perfect fit if
- You enjoy working as part of a team.
- Are flexible about assigned duties.
- Have a passion for seeing children grow and learn.
- Have a love for children and a strong desire to make a difference every day.
- Have the ability to build relationships with families and coworkers.
- Create a dynamic environment where play and discovery go hand-in-hand.
- Have outstanding customer service skills.
Interested? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cafe Manager Assistant
The Assistant Cafe Manager is responsible for helping to manage Ridge Coffee’s commercial kitchen, producing high-quality, affordable meals, recruiting and training kitchen team members, and collaborating with other ministries to provide food service as needed.
- Plan and execute excellent food service during Cafe daily service operations and for church-wide events, fostering and furthering community on our campus
- Collaborate with supervisor, to develop a vision and a plan for how the Cafe integrates within our daily service operations and events, with an emphasis on community and continual refinement
- Help lead paid and unpaid team members in the vision for the Cafe, helping them each understand their role and importance in the execution
- Train and supervise staff and volunteers as needed in areas, including customer service, cashiering, kitchen and food handling procedures
- Order and maintain adequate levels of cleaning supplies, paper products and food to keep the kitchen operating at optimum level; schedule and receive weekly/daily deliveries
- Maintain inventory of kitchen smallwares equipment and maintain accurate records, maintenance and warranties on all equipment
- Manage and coordinate kitchen work for daily service operations and events to include: menu planning, ordering, setup, efficient serving layout, food prep/cooking and cleanup
- Work in partnership with each ministry requesting food services, helping with suggestions for menu selection and serving layout as needed
- Date, store, organize, and properly rotate food products.
- Develop a food service operating budget with supervisor
- Maintain detailed records of all purchases and prepare a cost per meal analysis for all functions
- Enforce a high standard of cleanliness and sanitation in the operation of the kitchen and maintain the required top rating in compliance with Pima County Food Handlers guidelines
- Ensure that all invoices are submitted to the accounting office on a monthly basis
- Ensure that all purchases are charged to the appropriate kitchen budget accounts
- Provide conflict resolution between staff and/or volunteers if any were to arise.
- Maintain adequate supplies
- Order supplies for other Ministries as requested via Cafe Supply Form
- Funnel leftover food products to other approved ministries to control waste
- Establish a recipe book for regular recipes– and update as appropriate
- Prepare food from scratch as much as possible, and when advantageous to do so
Minimum Job Requirements
- Active Member at Church on the Ridge (upon hire)
- Personal conduct is expected to be consistent with Christ-like values and to properly represent Church on the Ridge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience leading others
- A high school diploma or GED
- 1 to 2 years of previous food service experience
- Having a current Food Handlers Card or Food Manager Certification is preferred; Food Manager Certification will be arranged upon hire if not already certified
- Knowledge and ability to work with and maintain all kitchen equipment (machines, utensils, linens, cutlery)
- Ability to learn and use registers and kitchen-related computer systems
- Ability to count cash, balance a cash drawer and account for all checks, gift cards and receipts
- Ability to effectively utilize online communication, email and calendar tools
- Ability to work productively without direct supervision
- Ability to work well and collaborate with team members, volunteers and other staff
- Ability to develop and maintain high-functioning teams of volunteers
- Ability to maintain prompt, regular and predictable attendance
- Ability to maintain reasonable, expected workload within the designated hours
- Ability to spend time standing, bending and lifting in the course of standard work
- Ability to pass pre-employment physical screening:
Interested? Send your resume to email@example.com.